About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I am blessed to live in San Diego. People come here for a vacation and I get live here all year long. I taught 2nd grade for 43years and retired in 2013.I still volunteer in a 2nd grade at my school every Thursday. I have two grown daughters that are a very important part of my life. I am married a wonderfully patient man with two daughters a son and two granddauhters, and we live with two very entertaining cats. While I enjoy champagne at a wedding or special occasion , I do not need alcohol to have fun and it is never an option if I am upset. I truly can find joy in simple pleasures. I do not drink coffee, I am so blessed to take care of my youngest granddaughter once a week. She calls me Gamma and Bill is Popi. Hearing her say her names for us brings such joy to my heart.

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.
in the romantic chairs

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Latest Ls are Lining up a Little early

August 11, 2008 - Monday

Ten on Tuesday: THE LATEST L'S ARE LINING UP A LITTLE EARLY
1. LOLLAPALOOZA I always remember my grandpa saying it. Sometimes referring to a really big fish that some fisherman caught.
2. LIGHT One verse that I learned as a girl was: Arise and Shine thy light has come. Isaiah 60:1 I know it has other meanings but for me, I've always used that verse to greet the morning. When my kids were little I'd say, "Arise and Shine, " and they were not so thrilled.

3. LADY OF LEISURE That's exactly how I feel in the summer when I can go out in the backyard wearing my silky bathrobe and cut roses for vases.

4. LESSONS LEARNED--even the hard way. Lessons are to be learned, but if it takes more than two times, that's the hard way.

5. LITTLE LULU "Little Lulu, Little Lulu with freckles on her chin, always in and out of trouble but mostly always in..." Now that's a song that just went leaping through the recesses of my childhood. Also lurking is Leaping Lizards from Little Orphan Annie.
.
6. LEAN That what I had to do to learn to roller skate. Once I leaned too far and cracked my head on the basement wall requiring lots of little stitches.

7. LET'S GO FLY A KITE That's a song always makes me feel bright and breezy with lots of emphasis on LET'S.

8. LAUGHTER You know the kind that won't let go even if you try to will it away like when you're in church.

9. LEFTOVERS To me they're the luscious lingerings of a lovely lunch or dinner.

10, LOVE Love in it's many forms and facets: . Love of God., Love of husband, Love of children, Love of friends. . Love of family, Love of pets , Love of quiet, Love of flowers, and Love of ice cream. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1:44 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

No comments:

Blog Archive