About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I am blessed to live in San Diego. People come here for a vacation and I get live here all year long. I taught 2nd grade for 43years and retired in 2013.I still volunteer in a 2nd grade at my school every Thursday. I have two grown daughters that are a very important part of my life. I am married a wonderfully patient man with two daughters a son and two granddauhters, and we live with two very entertaining cats. While I enjoy champagne at a wedding or special occasion , I do not need alcohol to have fun and it is never an option if I am upset. I truly can find joy in simple pleasures. I do not drink coffee, I am so blessed to take care of my youngest granddaughter once a week. She calls me Gamma and Bill is Popi. Hearing her say her names for us brings such joy to my heart.

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.
in the romantic chairs

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Zing went the Zs

I can't believe this is the last letter...Well, theoretically I could start at the beginning cause I only jumped in on this alphabet list with K. But, let's just get the Zs done with before I Zzzzzzzz.

1) Everyone knows this darked striped animal on a white or tawny body---ZEBRA

2) That point in the sky directly overhead---ZENITH.

3. Giving that stimulating and exciting quality to life---ZEST. I also remember it as a soap.

4. This word makes me think of rickrack. Homemade clothes used to always be edged in this
pattern---ZIGZAG.

5. Those colorful fall flowers---ZINNIAS.

6. My jeans are getting a little easier to zip---Yay for ZIPPERS.

7. One of my favorites is 92124---ZIP CODES. That has been true since 1972.

8. My casserole recipe made me love this vegetable---ZUCHINNI (Honestly it was probably
the cream cheese and butter!)

9. San Diego has one of the best---ZOOS. When Erica and Amy were little, we went there
often. Now, I've spent my 62nd birthday and my lst wedding anniversary there.

10. This word is actually a high pitched sound but it is often confused with fling---ZING!

No comments:

Blog Archive