About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I am blessed to live in San Diego. People come here for a vacation and I get live here all year long. I taught 2nd grade for 43years and retired in 2013.I still volunteer in a 2nd grade at my school every Thursday. I have two grown daughters that are a very important part of my life. I am married a wonderfully patient man with two daughters a son and two granddauhters, and we live with two very entertaining cats. While I enjoy champagne at a wedding or special occasion , I do not need alcohol to have fun and it is never an option if I am upset. I truly can find joy in simple pleasures. I do not drink coffee, I am so blessed to take care of my youngest granddaughter once a week. She calls me Gamma and Bill is Popi. Hearing her say her names for us brings such joy to my heart.

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.
in the romantic chairs

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pears, Peaches, and Plums--Ps on Parade

So it is time for my list of Ps. I always love to see what pops up, in no particular order:

1. Pictures--the tangible evidence of special times. Most of my photographs are perfectly filed in myspace. The more tangible ones are just in a box.

2. Purr--the most calming, comforting sound. Nothing seems quite so bad in the presence of a
purring cat,

3. Persnickety--an especially fussy word that's fun to say. When I get really old I am sure I'll be
a persnickety old woman.

4. Palm Springs--Many happy times were spent there with grandma and grandpa. Bill and I
also had a wonderful vacation there at the Hilton.

5. Peace--When Bill and I got married, not a lot changed, but this wonderful peace settled over
both of our hearts. We cherish the peaceful times together.

6. Passionate--I am very passionate. I put my heart and soul into everything and everyone I
care about.

7. Prayer--I believe in the power of prayer. I love that God is always ready to listen. If God
doesn't change the circumstances, then He changes me.

8, Purposeful, Persistent, Perseverance--That is what it has taken for me to walk 3 miles a day
since July1st.

9. Praise--As in praise God from whom all blessings flow...As in I can never cease to Praise God for his grace, mercy and presence in my life. His praise will always be on my lips.

10. Palindromes--My second graders love working with words. mom, dad, sis, sees, did, peep,
toot, WOW! They love finding patterns in numbers, too. 58285 16361. Sentences are
too difficult for 2nd graders. But I always show them: Never odd or even. Working with
words is fun!!!

1 comment:

Crayl said...

Your list is positively amazing. Love palindromes! Love pears, peaches and plums, Pictures and purrs. Seriously Carol great list.

Blog Archive