About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I am blessed to live in San Diego. People come here for a vacation and I get live here all year long. I taught 2nd grade for 43years and retired in 2013.I still volunteer in a 2nd grade at my school every Thursday. I have two grown daughters that are a very important part of my life. I am married a wonderfully patient man with two daughters a son and two granddauhters, and we live with two very entertaining cats. While I enjoy champagne at a wedding or special occasion , I do not need alcohol to have fun and it is never an option if I am upset. I truly can find joy in simple pleasures. I do not drink coffee, I am so blessed to take care of my youngest granddaughter once a week. She calls me Gamma and Bill is Popi. Hearing her say her names for us brings such joy to my heart.

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.
in the romantic chairs

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ten on Tuesday: Ostentaciously On

So it is Tuesday. Thinking about the Os I immediately thought of on and that is when my brain turned on.
1. On...on task...on time...on call...on shore...on board...on track...on schedule...on purpose...
on the money...on the spot...on the train...on the boat...on the bus...on the plane...on the top...
on the bottom...on the whole...on your mark...on your heart...on your mind and on and on....It definitely needs to be turned off.

2. onomatopoeia My second graders soundly love this word. It sounds so fun to say and they love that their parents don't always know what it means.

3. Old--older--oldest I am old (oh yes, 62 is old even to me). Lord willing, I will get older (63 in October). I am the oldest of all my brothers and sisters.

4. Owls I have an owl collection and one wall in my classroom is an owl collage. There are four big owls that sit on the cupboard and oversee our classroom (supposed to remind us all to be wise workers.

5. Ovens Specifically microwave and toaster which are two of my must have always used appliances. Bill is the one who uses the real oven, and we need a new one.

6. Office I worked hard this summer to get my office useable. It is now my own space. Bill has his own office which he's still working on.

7. orthodontist Erica, Amy and I owe our smiles to the orthodontist.

8. oyster The little cracker kind I used to put in tomato soup.

9. opal The birthstone of October birthdays of which mine is one. I have an opal ring grandma gave me that is very special.

10. obession This is my favorite perfume, but I fear it is becoming obsolete. I can't find it in the real pure form just in spray--not the same.

5 comments:

Crayl said...

Nicely done. :) Gold star for Carol.

Michelle Coffman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Coffman said...

I love your "wise worker" idea with the owls. You're a great teacher!!!

(Sorry I screwed up my first comment. This is my second try!)

Sharon said...

Onomatopoeia is the funniest word ever! I love it!

Anonymous said...

CAROL.....YOU DID IT!! Your page is beautiful!! So now you are going to have to come over and help ME!

I love all of your O's, yOu are such teacher =^).

Blog Archive