About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I am blessed to live in San Diego. People come here for a vacation and I get live here all year long. I taught 2nd grade for 43years and retired in 2013.I still volunteer in a 2nd grade at my school every Thursday. I have two grown daughters that are a very important part of my life. I am married a wonderfully patient man with two daughters a son and two granddauhters, and we live with two very entertaining cats. While I enjoy champagne at a wedding or special occasion , I do not need alcohol to have fun and it is never an option if I am upset. I truly can find joy in simple pleasures. I do not drink coffee, I am so blessed to take care of my youngest granddaughter once a week. She calls me Gamma and Bill is Popi. Hearing her say her names for us brings such joy to my heart.

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.
in the romantic chairs

Monday, September 22, 2008

Regardless of Rhyme or Reason

And the Rs go randomly rolling along....

1. Rochester--The city in Western New York where almost 63 years ago I was born.

2. Ruth-- My middle name and my momma's first name. We were named after Ruth in the Bible. Now my husband uses it as part of my name Carol Ruth.

3. Rest--Jesus says to come to Him when we are weak and heavy laden and He will give us rest. I try and reclaim that promise every night so I will wake refreshed and renewed.

4. Recess--that required time in the school day when the rambunctious children run outside to play and the teachers run to the restroom.

5. Red Roses--actually any roses are my favorite. But I will always remember when Bill brought me sixty-one long stemmed red roses for my 61st birthday.

6. Remember--that wonderful ability to recall and reminisce the special times of our lives.
It usually starts with "Remember when...." All of us can fill in the blanks with random musings.

7. Relax--the ways we find to recuperate. Sometimes it's taking a nap, a warm bubble bath, drinking a cup of hot chocolate, reading a good book or magazine, and sometimes it is just sitting still and doing nothing.

8. Retirement--It still seems years away although technically I am past retirement age. I just love teaching school even after 38 years.

9. Radiant--That great word from Charlotte's Web that totally describes how I felt on my wedding day a year ago.

10. Ruby Ring Red--the color of our front doors. They brighten our house so much!

* An extra one since I was a day early
I have been relentlessly, resolutely, resolved to resume walking each day--Today on Tuesday was day 85!!!!

2 comments:

Crayl said...

I am so proud of you and your relentless commitment to walking! You go Carol! Nice list too.

marky said...

Rest.. Yes REST!! I forgot that ..How I could forget I don't know??
Great list, thanks for visiting my blog ;-)

Blog Archive