About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I am blessed to live in San Diego. People come here for a vacation and I get live here all year long. I taught 2nd grade for 43years and retired in 2013.I still volunteer in a 2nd grade at my school every Thursday. I have two grown daughters that are a very important part of my life. I am married a wonderfully patient man with two daughters a son and two granddauhters, and we live with two very entertaining cats. While I enjoy champagne at a wedding or special occasion , I do not need alcohol to have fun and it is never an option if I am upset. I truly can find joy in simple pleasures. I do not drink coffee, I am so blessed to take care of my youngest granddaughter once a week. She calls me Gamma and Bill is Popi. Hearing her say her names for us brings such joy to my heart.

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.
in the romantic chairs

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ten on Tuesday--Special Select eSes

So it is time for the Special Select eSes to go sailing on by:

1. so-- That very little word that seems to expoentially add to any feeling. So tired..., so happy...., so fine...,
and so much more... Then there is my personal favorite way to start a story: So there I was.....

2. sex--as a newly wed I simply cannot leave that off my list. That and that I am a sexagenarian. Sex at sxity is still sexy.

3. seriously silly---Now that is an oxymoron if ever I heard one. Silly just seems to slip and seep out of certain situations without any sense of seriousness.

4. sweet-- Whether it is the sweet smell of a sweet pea, the sweet sight of my sweetheart or the sweet taste of a
sweet potato. (Okay I'm really reaching with that one. There are so many other sweets that I like tasting so much better including Sees candy.)

5. serendipity---It just slides off your tongue. Those unexpected, fortunate surprises that amuse and delight us.

6. sleep--that soundly silent time when the mind and body slips and sinks into unconsciousness, hopefully for seven hours each night.

7. smiles--The second grade word with a mile between the two eSes. Seriously that sea of smiling faces has sent me to school each day for 38 years.

8. sentimental--I stand accused of being so sentimental with such an emotional attachment to things that it seriously interferes with the reasoableness of not saving so many things.

9. sandwich--the super fast substantal thing that I can take for lunch. Turkey and cheese is my favorite.

10. Saturday--the one day of week when the siren sounding alarm doesn't startle me awake.

1 comment:

Crayl said...

Splendid list my friend. :)

Blog Archive