About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I am blessed to live in San Diego. People come here for a vacation and I get live here all year long. I taught 2nd grade for 43years and retired in 2013.I still volunteer in a 2nd grade at my school every Thursday. I have two grown daughters that are a very important part of my life. I am married a wonderfully patient man with two daughters a son and two granddauhters, and we live with two very entertaining cats. While I enjoy champagne at a wedding or special occasion , I do not need alcohol to have fun and it is never an option if I am upset. I truly can find joy in simple pleasures. I do not drink coffee, I am so blessed to take care of my youngest granddaughter once a week. She calls me Gamma and Bill is Popi. Hearing her say her names for us brings such joy to my heart.

Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.
in the romantic chairs

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Utterly U, not to be confused with cows...

You all know I didn't post U this week. I was going to but it just didn't happen. I thought about U and YOU this week on my walks, but even those were not usual.

Thinking about U I can't help but think how that little letter following Q gives us all are wonderful Q words.

So here's to U though so utterly late:

1. Underwear--specifically bras and panties from Victori'as Secret (I should own stock)

2. United States of America--still the best place on earth to live.

3. Ursa Major and Minor--so fun when star gazing.

4. Uphill--the daily uphill walking that has been tiring, difficult and called for so much more effort than I ever
thought, but has been so good for me. Day 110!!!

5. Unique--Each one of us is different from all others and yet...we all share unique similarities.

6. Useful--I love all the useful gadgets I have in my life... like DVR. I'm sure you can think of lots more, but I am already five days late.

7. Umbrella--Anyone who knows me well knows I do not like rain unless I am in bed, but on those occasions
when I need to be out in the rain, I have an umbrella with a print of Monet's Garden that I do
love using.

8.Understanding--The quality we want from others, but the one that isn't always easy to give to others.

9. Us--You and me= us. I love "us" when it is my family, friends, school, church and especially when the YOU
is my husband..with ME

10. Usually--That is a Reader Alert word that signals that this time something will be different. I usually write
my alphabet blog on Tuesday and sometimes on Thursday, but... this week , it is Sunday
afternoon. But any day is a good day to be thankful!



No comments:

Blog Archive